• Home
  • Mortgage Express

Mortgage Express

Mortgage Express Conveyancing Panel Solicitor

Are you buying, re-mortgaging or carrying out a Transfer of Equity on a property with a Mortgage Express mortgage? Our Mortgage Express conveyancing panel Solicitors can assist you.

Mortgage Express Conveyancing

In 1997 Bradford & Bingley purchased Mortgage Express, which was later developed into a specialist lending arm dealing with buy-to-let and self-certification mortgages. Mortgage Express no longer offers new property mortgages since Bradford & Bingley was nationalised in 2010. As a result, Mortgage Express now aim to support all their existing customers with Title Splits, Lease Extensions and Transfers of Equity.

Are you looking for a Mortgage Express Conveyancing Panel Solicitor near you?

Although Mortgage Express no longer lends on new mortgages, we have the authority to act for you and carry out a Transfer of Equity, Title Split, or Lease Extension if you have previously taken out a mortgage with Mortgage Express. This means that we can deal with the legal aspects of your property transaction, as we have gone through Mortgage Express’ risk checks to ensure we can deliver high standards of client service.

What is a Lender Conveyancing Panel?

Banks, building societies and other mortgage lenders provide a list of mortgage solicitors who meet their strict legal requirements. This list is known as a Conveyancing Panel. Solicitors’ firms are selected by lenders, such as Mortgage Express to ensure they can meet the highest standards of client service. Additionally, having a Conveyancing Panel helps to reduce the risk of fraud and identity theft.

CQS Approved Conveyancers

We are full members of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS). This not only provides credibility to Mortgage Express but also a reassurance to you that we follow best practice and meet the required standards of technical expertise and client service. It also ensures that we can satisfy regulators, lenders and insurers.

Does my mortgage solicitor need to be on the Mortgage Express Conveyancing Panel?

Mortgage Express needs to ensure that your instructed property lawyer sits as an approved Mortgage Express conveyancing panel solicitor, as solicitors are obliged to ensure Mortgage Express’ security is protected. This includes compliance with the instructions of the Council for Mortgage Lenders handbook. If your solicitor is not on the panel then you may suffer delays in the process and consequently be subject to additional conveyancing solicitor fees. This is because your new solicitor will not be able to act on the lender’s behalf, as well as yours. Resultantly, all matters will need to go through both the lender’s legal team and your property solicitor’s. 

Are you looking for a Transfer of Equity with Mortgage Express?

If you are looking to add or remove an owner to or from a property you will need to obtain permission from your lender. This means that if you have a Mortgage Express mortgage for your house you will need to inform Mortgage Express, as they are a party concerned in the Transfer of Equity. Mortgage Express’s consent is therefore essential since they will want to assess the income/rent affordability with the creditworthiness of the person who the property is being transferred to. 

Can I extend the lease on my home if I have a Mortgage Express Mortgage? – Deed of Substitution

You will need consent from your lender, Mortgage Express if you wish to extend the lease on your property whilst you have a mortgage with them. This is to ensure that the money that Mortgage Express have lent you is protected. Your property solicitor will be required to arrange this for you by obtaining a Deed of Substitution from Mortgage Express. Your Mortgage Express panel lawyer can also assist you in arranging to extend your lease through a Section 42 Notice. In order for you to carry out your lease extension, your mortgage solicitor will need to be on the Mortgage Express conveyancing panel. Starck Uberoi’s conveyancing solicitors can help deal all the legal aspects of your lease extension if you have a mortgage with Mortgage Express.

Do I need consent from Mortgage Express if I am Splitting the Title of my Property? – Deed of Release

If you are splitting the title of your freehold property or creating new leases in your property, you will need the consent of the lender, Mortgage Express. This is because Mortgage Express will want to ensure that the property value is not undermined so as to adversely affect their security. They will, therefore, require their approved conveyancing panel lawyer to deal with the conveyancing on their behalf. The conveyancing panel solicitor will then arrange for Mortgage Express to seal a Deed of Release. This legal document ultimately releases the lenders charge over the part of the property being removed from the title.

Why is it important to get the right mortgage solicitor from the panel?

As property transactions can often feel like a long and strenuous process, it is essential that you find an experienced conveyancing lawyer from a firm that has been approved by your lender. Because mortgaging a property is an important process, finding a conveyancing lawyer with a proven track record ensures your mortgage is dealt with effectively and will ultimately save you time and money.

We are experienced in handling property transactions with Mortgage Express, so whether you are buying, selling or remortgaging your home we can attend to your matter quickly and efficiently. Click on our online conveyancing calculator to get an instant quote for our Mortgage Express panel property lawyers today.

Do you need to find a conveyancing solicitor registered on the Mortgage Express Panel?

If so, please email our conveyancing team at Alternatively, to make an appointment at our West London Ealing office located 10 minutes from Ealing Broadway station call 020 8840 6640. For an appointment at our London Belgravia office, a few minutes from Victoria Station call 020 7824 5118.

Further Reading

Contact our Property Lawyers